Bugs Bunny Builders premieres Monday, July 25 on Cartoonito on Cartoon Network and July 26 on the Cartoonito hub on HBO Max! It’s an exciting time for Looney Tunes fans! Our favorite characters from childhood are back and they got skills to share with our preschool-aged viewers. Thanks to Warner Media for the opportunity to screen a few episodes from the series.
Bugs Bunny and the crew are back with a fun and vibrant series focused on our preschool-aged kids. My husband is a die-hard Looney Tunes fan and he thoroughly enjoyed it. The series is a bit of a change from what we are used to in terms of Looney Tunes. Still, the same Looney Tunes energy and fun with each of the characters but the focus is on working together, coming up with design ideas, and of course building. I LOVE THAT!
The series carries wonderful lessons about coming up with ideas, working together, and still having fun. As with any Looney Tunes adventure, you can expect to see big and vibrant colors and all of those zany moments. The Looney Builders headquarters is reminiscent of a certain pawed franchise, but the nostalgia that the Looney Tunes characters carry supersedes any comparisons. This is a fun series that your kids will enjoy.
Fun trivia fact: Bugs Bunny Builders, the first Looney Tunes preschool show in over 20 years!
Make sure to buy your kids a hardhat because this series will encourage them to get building!!
Meet the Looney Builders:
- Bugs (Jobs: Crew Co-Leader, Digger; Vehicle: Excavator)—Bugs isn’t the kind of Bunny who’s afraid of getting his hands dirty; rabbits are natural diggers after all. He’s a natural born leader with a knack for improvising and still enjoys a good carrot.
- Lola (Jobs: Crew Co-Leader, Architect, Mover; Vehicle: Bulldozer)— Lola is the perfect mix of dreamer and doer. She’s also the reason The Looney Builders are always in demand. Thanks to Lola’s artistic eye and trusty tablet, everything the Looney Builders build is an instant landmark.
- Daffy (Job: Hauler; Vehicle: Dump Truck)— Daffy is excitable, impulsive, easily distracted, and well… Daffy! Of all the Looney Builders, Daffy is probably the least worried when things go wrong. In fact, he kinda likes it because it makes things more exciting! But when push comes to shove, he can put his bill down and feather up to see the job through.
- Porky (Job: Flattener; Vehicle: Steamroller)— Porky is a reliable, well-meaning perfectionist who wants everything to be “Porky Perfect.” He loves following the rules and thinks from a “safety first” perspective. Porky is also a great listener and always has his crew’s backs.
- Tweety (Job: Lifter; Vehicle: Crane)— Tweety often asks questions to help clarify things, all while being totally adorable! But don’t let his sweet demeanor fool you, Tweety is just as determined as the rest of them. This canary is always looking out for the little guy, has a cute giggle, and really looks up to Bugs and Lola.
- Sylvester (Job: Master Painter; Vehicle: Aerial Lift)— Sylvester is an ornery artist who prefers working alone. He is easily agitated and often keeps to himself. Despite being sthuper confident in his abilities, Sylvester is afraid of heights, which he has to face regularly operating his aerial lift.
- Petunia (Job: Mechanic; Vehicle: Tool Truck)— The Looney Builders’ extraordinary construction vehicles need an extraordinary mechanic. Lucky for them, Petunia Pig is at their vehicle service! Petunia is spunky with an infectious snort-laugh. She is a grease-stained gearhead who enjoys making dramatic entrances and departures.
- Wile E. Coyote (Job: Inventor; Vehicle: Jetpack)— A self-proclaimed super genius, Wile E. Coyote is always inventing the next gadget to help the Looney Builders with their build. He is always serious, often with deadpan delivery, and irritated by many things, including the pesky Road Runner.
- Taz (Job: Demolition; Vehicle: Himself)— If you know Taz, then you know his unique skills aren’t right for every job. But when you need something knocked down, destroyed, or wrecked – he’s the Tasmanian Devil to call!
Watch the Trailer
About the Series
In Bugs Bunny Builders, Bugs and Lola are managers of the Looney Builders construction crew comprised of Daffy, Porky, Tweety, and more familiar Looney faces. Together, the team helps their fellow citizens of Looneyburg with zany building projects. Whether building a thrilling new racetrack or creating an out-of-this-world ice cream sundae, no job is too big or wild for the Looney Builders when they work as a team and utilize their super-looney tools and souped-up vehicles.
Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, the new preschool series is a first of its kind in Looney Tunes history, combining the wackiness, humor, and slapstick of the iconic characters with a modern Humancentric Learning curriculum. The educational framework will promote children’s fascination with building and design, helping preschoolers cultivate essential skills—including self-expression, problem-solving, collaboration, communication, scientific and mathematical thinking—and emphasizing that if you can imagine it, you can build it!