Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
There are certain flavors and smells that remind me of my childhood. The aroma of une cafesito de Nescafe, a cup of coffee made with Nescafe Clasico brand coffee and the delicious taste of La Lechera products; those are flavors of our heritage that take me back to beautiful moments with my grandparents. My grandparents and mother immigrated to the United States in the early 70’s. The Mexican heritage still runs pretty deep in our family as traditions have been passed down from my maternal grandparents and we have chosen to keep them alive with our family.
This Hispanic Heritage month I plan on taking special moments to think about time with my grandparents and share them with my boys. Aramis was able to grow a relationship with my papa, sadly Ezra did not but that doesn’t stop me from sharing pictures with him. I’m lucky that they both have such wonderful relationships with both sets of grandparents even though we are away. It’s a hard life, but having traditions keeps a little bit of “home” in our lives.
I’m very excited to share a delicious new recipe for you all today. The main ingredient is the Nescafe Clasico. I hope that you enjoy it! It truly is #NuestroSabor #CollectiveBias.
When you think of mousse you think of chocolate mousse right? When I decided to do a coffee flavored mousse I knew that using Nescafe Clásico would be perfect. As a child I remember being at my grandparents house and enjoying breakfast with them. We would have fried eggs, toast and coffee! I know what you are thinking.. “What are they thinking giving children coffee!” I’m not sure, but they did and we enjoyed it. Might be why I’m a staggering 5’0.. but who knows. LOL Either way, that is one of my favorite memories. And you know what breakfast is almost the same for me as an adult on weekends. Wow, I never stopped to think about it! How about that.
So now onto the recipe! You can find all of the ingredients at Walmart! One stop shopping is always exciting for me! I was very excited at the variety of Nescafe too!
Are you ready to make a delicious coffee flavored mousse?! You are going to be super surprised how easy it is to make! And it’s so delicious! You won’t want to share a bite!
Nescafe Clásico Coffee Flavored Mousse
- 1 1/2 Cup Whipped Cream
- 3 eggs whites separated
- 2 tbl spoons of softened butter
- 1/3 Cup Nescafe Clasico prepared coffee
- 1 Tbl spoon La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Tbl spoon La Lechera Dulce de Leche
- Dash of coffee grounds to sprinkle on top
- You can purchase already made whipped cream or make using heavy whipping cream, 2 splashes of Vanilla and 1 table spoon of sugar..
- Separate the egg whites and yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until they foam up and stiffen up.
- Fold whites into whipped cream and add both table spoons of sweetened condensed milk & dulce de leche.
- Blend yolks with coffee and butter.
- When yolk, coffee and butter is completely blended fold into whipped mixture.
- Fold gently until completely blended and refrigerate for three to five hours until firm.