There’s nothing like enjoying a cocktail on a hot summer day, am I right?! This summer strawberry cocktail recipe will be your go-to cocktail to have in hand! This is the perfect recipe to enjoy with your friends and a big platter of nachos! Strawberries are staples of summer at our house, with this cocktail recipe, you’ll want to always have them on hand. Let’s get to the recipe!
I wasn’t going to make you wait for this gem of a recipe. For the most part this is a very simple recipe. I’ve linked a strawberry simple syrup recipe for you also if you aren’t sure how to make it below from allrecipes.com. The best part is that you can use that simple syrup recipe for other cocktails or other recipes. I’m thinking strawberry milk for breakfast. And you can always omit the alcohol to make it a mock-tail recipe. You don’t have to use alcohol to have a good time or for it to be a delicious drink either.
Summer Strawberry Cocktail
Servings: 1 drink
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cool Time: 15 minutes Assembly Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Strawberry Simple Syrup-(Allrecipes.com)
- Servings: 6 (1.5 oz. per serving)
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Strawberries- chopped
- 1.5 oz. Strawberry simple syrup
- 2 oz. White rum
- 1¼ cup Lemon lime soda
- In a small saucepan, add in the sugar, water and strawberries.
- Put over medium heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- Be sure to stir consistently.
- Once to a boil, immediately take the pan off the heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, pour the syrup through a strainer to remove the strawberry chunks.
- To construct the cocktail, add ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Pour in the syrup, the rum and soda.
- Shake lightly and strain into a glass.
- Garnish with strawberry slices and serve.
- If you do not have a cocktail shaker, use a cup or jar that has a lid (like a mason jar).
Let me know in the comments if you’ll be trying this drink and make sure to tag me on social! And as always, please drink responsibly.
I’m excited to be one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program. Thank with Google is an experimental feature that allows you to purchase a virtual sticker and directly show your appreciation for content on my website. As a loyal supporter, you can now feel more connected and engaged because you have the ability to express yourself and share what my work means to you. There are a variety of stickers to select from and every time you send a paid sticker, you can add a personal message which I enjoy receiving. For me, these virtual stickers translate into direct revenue to support the work that goes into the content that you are enjoying on my blog.