We may be in the middle of a global pandemic right now, but it doesn’t mean that you can’t daydream about traveling. The travel industry is taking a battering, but you can sit and make a plan to save for the next trip that you get to take. You’re not alone in doing it, either. People need a goal, and if yours is a trip to take with your family or friends, you need to start saving. Sharing some surprising ways to save for your next trip. Because friends, eventually we will be able to travel again. I hope!
Now is actually the perfect time to save: you can’t spend it anywhere else, so you may as well get ready to have the vacation of a lifetime! With the tips below, you can ensure that you get the trip that you want along with the savings that you have carefully spent time gathering. Shall we take a look?
Here are the Tips:
- Pay Down Debt. You don’t have to be a genius at savings to pay off your debt. With help from companies like https://www.dtss.us/programs.html and a chat with your creditors, you can pay off your debt and free up extra money to save up each month. Pay off the money you can, and save the money you can’t and you’ll be in a better position to make a savings plan for a trip you love!
- Set Up A Savings Account. You need a separate savings account for your trip – it’s going to keep cash away from other savings you may have. You can also keep track of your funds, which is the best way to ensure that you have a goal you can stick to!
- Pay Into Savings Every Week. At the end of each week, put the excess cash in your bank account into a savings account. If you have $656.60 in your bank, save the $65.60. Doing this won’t look like much, but you’ll save up a lot of money in a short amount of time without even trying!
- Get A Credit Card. If you choose to get a credit card, get one with travel rewards attached to it. These can come in the form of air miles, hotel discounts and more. These can go toward your trip and help you to save some cash along the way!
- Save Your Change. In a similar fashion to paying into savings weekly, empty your purse into a savings jar. Those pennies sure do add up into dollars over time, and you can use the cash as spending money while you travel.
- Get A Second Job. Where there’s a will, there is a second job to be had. An added income can make all the difference to you when you are saving for your trip. You can spend time working in the evening and even start your own side hustle. This way, you can save extra money, have extra cash for your personal life and even eventually work for yourself.
You don’t have to do everything on this list, but even two or three tips will give you what you need!