Excited to share wonderful children’s programming news with you! ZooMoo: Children’s Channel Devoted to Animals & Nature. Following its highly successful Spanish-language launches in Mexico and throughout Latin America, ZooMoo, the world’s first children’s channel devoted entirely to animals and nature. Designed to foster a lifelong love for animals and nature through a safe and unique television experience that is both entertaining and educational for young viewers and parents alike, ZooMoo interweaves puppetry, animation, and the world’s best natural history footage available in HD to tell stories about the animal world. On the multimedia front, it also offers a free downloadable companion app that when synced with the Channel enhances the interactivity by also turning smartphones and tablets into an extension of what’s on the TV screen.
ZooMoo was developed by its CEO and former president of Fox Networks Group, David Haslingden.
Designed to foster a lifelong love for animals and nature through a safe and unique television experience that is both entertaining and educational for young viewers and parents alike, ZooMoo interweaves puppetry, animation, and the world’s best natural history footage available in HD to tell stories about the animal world.
The channel is complemented by a free downloadable App to provide a one of a kind multiplatform experience that allows ZooMoo channel viewers to automatically collect animals they encounter on the TV screen and bring them to life on their tablet or smart phone with games, music, puzzles and other activities.
Karin Simoncini, ZooMoo’s head of programming and production said, “As a Latina mom of young children I’m personally thrilled that we at ZooMoo are partnering with DIRECTV to bring ZooMoo to Spanish-speaking audiences in the United States, where today, according to Pew Research Center, there are nearly twice as many Hispanic preschoolers as non-Hispanics in the U.S. DIRECTV deserves to be commended for its commitment to offering this audience a fully interactive ‘all animals, all the time’ entertainment experience that will be educational and incredibly engaging.”
“DIRECTV is passionate about offering high quality children’s programming to its Spanish-speaking customers in the U.S.,” said Emma Brackett, vice president of Content and Programming, AT&T. “We’re proud to be the exclusive provider of ZooMoo and a leader in entertainment to audiences of all ages.”
The standalone revolutionary ZooMoo App, which when synced to the channel enhances the interactivity by also turning smartphones and tablets into an extension of the channel, was recognized earlier this year with a Parents’ Choice Approved Award Seal of Approval from the Choice Foundation in the United States. In bestowing the award, the Foundation lauded the ZooMoo App as “a safe, intuitively-designed and entertaining way for young children to learn facts about animals and habitats, as well as the importance of caring for them.” EducationalAppStore.com echoed a similar endorsement in its review calling the ZooMoo app “one the most professionally, thoughtful, intelligent apps out there…deeply engaging…edutainment in its finest form…cannot be recommended highly enough.”
ZooMoo’s leading cast consists of funny, furry puppet characters who help young children develop a knowledge and affection for animals, leading to a lifelong love of conservation, including:
- Flash, an engagingly good-natured photographer, dedicated, dependable and very charming, he is a keen adventurer with genial humor and a constant can-do attitude who explores the world and often ends up in unknown places in “Lost” and travels to different habitats to find out what animals are really thinking in “Look Who’s Talking?”
- Piglet, a high-energy blast of boundless, breathless enthusiasm, who invents amazing solutions in her awesome workshop and explores the planet in her “Adventure Machine.”
- Owl, who’s smart, wise, particular and slightly precious, as he guesses which animals Flash has sent him in “Download This!”
- Ninja Gorilla, who uses his astounding ninja super-powers to turn everyday objects into amazing balloon creations in “Ninja Pop.”
- Baby DJ, a little monkey with headphones, bling and a cheeky grin whose mission is to turn the tables on all things animal and get everyone up dancing.