Let’s be real, I absolutely LOVE Dreamworks Animation Trolls World Tour. Music is very important to me, I listen to my “happy music” mix on my Alexa Show daily so this animated film is everything to me. The first Trolls film still rocks my world too. Many thanks to Click Communications for providing film for review, all opinions expressed are my own. So here are my thoughts and review on DreamWorks’s Animation Trolls World Tour.
What I Loved
I’m a visual person so seeing all the bright colors in Trolls World Tour made me so happy. The story was different from the first yet we still learned so much. For people that only listen to one genre of music, this was the perfect vehicle to open the many different genres to younger generations. I wonder how many kids are asking Alexa or Siri for K-POP or Reggaeton?! One of the songs that just sang to my heart is Just Sing, the words say, “lemme hear you sing” and to me, that can mean so many things and all for positivity because music makes me so happy.
While all the characters are trolls, their voices are from everywhere and that made me so happy as well.
The story provided great learning for kids and adults alike. Just because we are different doesn’t mean we can’t all get along and “sing” together. I loved that they included so many different genres of music and not just the ones we hear all the time. Queen Poppy and the gang bring it in this upbeat adventure.
HERE’S A SWEET TREAT TO TRY AT HOME
About the Film
Queen Poppy (Anna Kendrick), Branch (Justin Timberlake), and the rest of your favorite Trolls are back for another musical adventure that’s bigger—and louder—than ever before! In TROLLS WORLD TOUR, Poppy and Branch discover that their kingdom is only one of six musical realms—Funk, Country, Techno, Classical, Pop, and Rock—that were once united in perfect harmony. When the power-hungry ruler of the Rocker Trolls threatens to silence all other music so her tribe can reign supreme, Poppy and Branch must embark on an epic quest to unite the realms of Trollskind, before the songs in their hearts are lost forever! The film is currently available for early viewing on a wide variety of popular on-demand services as a premium rental offering.
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K Ultra Hd, BLU-RAYTM, DVD and digital:
- DANCE PARTY MODE – As Queen Poppy makes her way across the lands, this on-screen experience encourages the viewer to sing and dance along as they customize their own musical journey. With sing-along and dance elements, interactive pop ups and more, it’s sure to be a world of fun!
- TINY DIAMOND GOES BACK TO SCHOOL – In this exclusive original short film, journey back to school with Tiny Diamond as he tries to figure out how to be the cool kid and ‘fit in’.
- TROLLS DANCE ACADEMY – Compilation of How-To-Dance pieces from Dance Party Mode
- TROLLS WORLD TOURIST MAP – Cloud Guy provides a quick “tourist guide’s” view of the six realms that make up Trolls Kingdom.
- Trolls Village
- Lonesome Flats
- Vibe City
- Volcano Rock City
- Techno Reef
- DELETED SCENES WITH INTROS BY DIRECTOR WALT DOHRN, PRODUCER GINA SHAY AND CO-DIRECTOR DAVID P. SMITH*
- Cooper’s Destiny
- Let’s Go Save the World
- Bicycle Built for Two
- Meet the Bounty Hunters
- Making New Friends
- Cloud 9
- TROLLS PERFECT HARMONY – Hear from the star-studded cast of Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, Anderson .Paak, George Clinton, Kunal Nayyar, James Corden and the filmmakers about the history of music featured in the film. From classical to country to rock, pop and techno, the cast and filmmakers reveal their favorite types of music.
- TROLLS WORLD TOUR BACKSTAGE* – A behind-the-scenes making of featurette showcases Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, Rachel Bloom, Ron Funches, George Clinton, Mary J. Blige, Sam Rockwell and Kenan Thompson as some of the talent behind the Trolls and the process of bringing the them to life.
- Opening Act
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR WALT DOHRN, PRODUCER GINA SHAY AND CO-DIRECTOR DAVID P. SMITH
* Exclusive to 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™ & Digital
TROLLS WORLD TOUR will be available on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-rayTM, DVD and Digital.