Disclosure: I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this Ambassadorship via Splash Media Engagement. The opinions on this blog are my own.
“Welcome to Ooka Island….,” I find myself singing the Ooka Island jingle during the day sometimes. Aramis plays.. I mean learns with Ooka Island a lot these days. Is he learning? Yes! Does he love it? Yes he does!
What I love most about the Ooka Island program?Besides the fact that my kid loves it! Is that it focuses on five pillars of reading instruction, I’ve added why I think they are so important to learn.
- Comprehension – Understanding what you are reading is so important.
- Fluency – Making it easy to learn is the best to me.
- Phonemic Awareness – The sound of each letter is so important.
- Phonetics – It’s the sound of each letter that makes words and words that make thoughts we read out loud.
- Vocabulary – The seasoning of our words that make sentences.
The sounds are so important
Hearing my son sound out the sounds of each letter is music to my ears. We were taught basic phonics when I was in school, I feel that’s the best way to learn and really enjoy reading. My husband and I both love to read, so the thought of our children also loving to read is one we hope for.
What can you expect from Ooka Island? Check out these highlights of the program:
- 80 hours of leveled and guiding reading activities
- Uses visual and auditory skills
- Features 562 scaffolded phonological skill activities in the program
- offers 85 leveled and sequenced Ooka Island e-Books
Your child can also benefit from the Ooka Island program here. A monthly subscription is available for $12.95 a month or $124.95 per year for one student account. Or purchase a family plan for up to four students for $19.95 a month or $149.95 per year. Great value for the benefits of having children that enjoy reading!