Today, September 26th, is Mesothelioma Awareness Day. What do you know about Mesothelioma? I didn’t know much about it until a few days ago. Thanks to the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance, I now know more about it and am sharing with you today.
1. Mesothelioma is caused by asbestos exposure.
2. No amount of exposure is safe.
3. Asbestos was once used in more than 3,000 consumer products.
4. It can be found in many older homes, schools, factories, and commercial buildings.
5. Asbestos exposure is still the LEADING CAUSE of occupational cancer in the
6. United States Veterans are at the greatest risk.
7. Asbestos is still not banned in the US.
8. Mesothelioma can be caused by secondary exposure.
To read the full post and description of list click HERE
Mesothelioma affecting our Veterans
Wondering why I’m sharing this information? Did you know that service members in each of our branches, (Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines) particularly those that served during World War II, Korean conflict and Vietnam are among the highest diagnosed with Mesothelioma cancer due to their exposure of asbestos.
Heart breaking right? Our heros suffering from PTSD and other injuries from those conflicts and they also have this to worry about. Like with anything else, awareness is key. After finding asbestos management surveys website, I realised just how important it is for everyone to have an awareness of the services that are out there to help get rid of asbestos, and I cannot stress the importance of people acting on this! As I have been educated about Mesothelioma, I am glad to share this information with you all today.
To learn more about the threat of Mesothelioma for our Military veterans click here.